Conference at the University of Agder, Norway, September 2-4 2013
Organizers: Frida Forsgren and Michael J. Prince
Keynote Speakers: Mary Kerr and Polina Mackay
Papers and panel proposals are sought for a three-day conference on women and the Beat Generation. We encourage submissions on all aspects of this topic, including the role of women writers in the Beat movement and the representation of women in the works of Beat authors. Submissions on art and film are especially welcome. Other suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- narratives of gender and sexuality in the work of women of the Beat Generation
- the Beat movement and Feminism
- the influence of female literary tradition on the Beat Generation
- experimentalism in the work of female Beats
- aesthetic dialogues between male and female Beat writers
- visual culture and Beat women
- the work of female Beat artists, filmmakers or photographers
- the influence of art and film on the work of Beat women
- the significance of life-writing
- films by and about women of the Beat Generation
- women and publishing, editing and non-fiction writing
The deadline for submission of abstracts is December 15, 2013. Please send your abstracts to Frida Forsgren at email@example.com.
Guest post by Ardin Lalui, a writer inspired by Tom Waits and Cormac McCarthy. While th...
The 1960s are associated with what Frank calls ‘the big change, the birthplace of our own ...
“A hipster goes into a diner. ‘What kind of pie do you have?’ he asks. The waitress says...
This past year has been kind to fans of the Beat Generation. First there was "Howl", the m...
Words by Nick Meador Illustration by Kaliptus (from issue 10, available at Amazon) ...
In the past few weeks we've brought you book covers from the Chinese translations of Jack ...