Conference at the University of Agder, Norway, September 2-4 2013
Organizers: Frida Forsgren and Michael J. Prince
Keynote Speakers: Mary Kerr and Polina Mackay
Papers and panel proposals are sought for a three-day conference on women and the Beat Generation. We encourage submissions on all aspects of this topic, including the role of women writers in the Beat movement and the representation of women in the works of Beat authors. Submissions on art and film are especially welcome. Other suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- narratives of gender and sexuality in the work of women of the Beat Generation
- the Beat movement and Feminism
- the influence of female literary tradition on the Beat Generation
- experimentalism in the work of female Beats
- aesthetic dialogues between male and female Beat writers
- visual culture and Beat women
- the work of female Beat artists, filmmakers or photographers
- the influence of art and film on the work of Beat women
- the significance of life-writing
- films by and about women of the Beat Generation
- women and publishing, editing and non-fiction writing
The deadline for submission of abstracts is December 15, 2013. Please send your abstracts to Frida Forsgren at email@example.com.
The interviews with Henderson tell a different side of the now-famously fabled story of ho...
I was only twenty in the fall of 1955 when I sat down to start my first novel. Come and J...
Aside from the love of guns, hard drugs, being cultural phenomenons and part-time movie st...
Today the Beat community was saddened to hear of the death of Carolyn Cassad...
William Blake’s influence on the Beat Generation is arguably more significant than that of...
MAYOR PROCLAIMS FEBRUARY 1, 2013 AS "NEAL CASSADY DAY" IN DENVER 4th Annual Neal Cassady ...