On March 12th, we will release a special edition of Beatdom to mark the 100th anniversary of the birth of Jack Kerouac. Here are the contents. (One or two more pieces will be confirmed later.)
- “I Think of Jack Kerouac, I Even Think of Jack Kerouac’s Spontaneous Bop Prosody: The New Vision and Visions of Cody” by Sasha Tamar Strelitz
- “Women on the Margins in the Kerouac Legend” by Hank Kalet
- “Kerouac, Germany, and the Beat Generation” by Peter Oehler
- “To the Things We Can’t Remember, To the Things We Can’t Forget” by Westley Heine
- “Memory Babe: The French Connection” by Gerald Nicosia
- “Queering Kerouac for the Stage” by Alyssa Cokinis
- “The Mad Ones: How Kerouac Introduced his Generation” by David S. Wills
- “A Beat in Blackface: Jack Kerouac and the Issue of Race” by Ryan Mathews
- “Where Marble Stood and Fell: Gregory Corso in Greece” by Leon Horton
- “The Many Names of Jack Kerouac” by David S. Wills
- “Kerouac and Myth” by Benjamin Olsen
- “Remembering Uncle Jack: Neal and Carolyn Cassady’s children look back over a lifetime at their memories of The Great Rememberer” by Ryan Mathews
- “On the Road with Brian Hassett” by David S. Wills
- “Jack in Ghost-Town” by Gerald Nicosia
Here is our cover, produced by the incredible Waylon Bacon…
You can find Beatdom #22 on Amazon as both a printed and digital journal.
I was interviewed for the new edition, can you please send me a copy? Signed?
That would be great!!