This month, Beatdom Literary Journal celebrates its tenth anniversary. Since our founding in May, 2007, we have released seventeen issues of the journal and Beatdom Books – our publishing branch – has published a dozen books.
Over the past ten years, a huge number of talented people have helped make Beatdom into what it is today. I am eternally grateful to all of those who have contributed to our success. One of those people is Waylon Bacon, who done lots of artwork for us. He’s put together a special poster to celebrate our anniversary:
This month we will also release our eighteen issue, and two days ago we announced the release of Beatdom Books’ twelfth publication, John Tytell’s Beat Transnationalism.
Here are some of our other publications:
- Beat Poetry, by Larry Beckett (2012)
- Scientologist! William S. Burroughs and the ‘Weird Cult’, by David S. Wills (2013)
- Under These Stars, by Tony R. Rodriguez (2014)
- Don’t Hesitate: Knowing Allen Ginsberg ’73 Through ’97, by Marc Olmsted (2014)
- The Beat Interviews, by John Tytell (2015)
- The Poetry and Politics of Allen Ginsberg, by Eliot Katz (2016)
And some recent issues of Beatdom: