As you are surely aware, Beatdom’s ninth issue is drug-themed. Submissions are now closed and the countdown begins until the magazine is actually released (sometime next month).
Here’s what your next issue will include:
- Essays on Ginsberg’s religious use of marijuana, Kerouac’s bad mushroom trip, Burroughs’ search for Yage, and two more that are currently a closely held secret. We also have an essay by Micah Berul about Ginsberg’s Kaddish, complete with handwritten notes by Ginsberg himself.
- Stories by Beatdom editor, Michael Hendrick, and regular Chuck Taylor. Also, we’re proud to present fiction by new contributors Katy Gurin and Dan Leo.
- Poetry by Emily Smith, Arlene Mandell, Robin Como and others (again, this is a secret).
- Artwork by Waylon Bacon and Haydn Lock.
- Reviews of two new Beat DVDs.